#whatisschool is the highlight of my week when hundreds of educators from all over the globe come together to learn and share! This week we welcome the amazing Rusul Alrubail to lead #whatisschool with me! This week we talk leveraging digital writing in your classroom.
Writing should come from the heart. And for students to be passionate about what they’re writing, we need to create a safe and positive environment for them to think, write, and share their thoughts and ideas. We can leverage the power of digital tools to create writing communities for students. So why is it important for students to write as part of a community?
– Students can write to an authentic audience, people who really care about the topic.
– Reading their peers’ work can help to motivate and inspire students to write.
– Writing would serve a meaningful purpose for students.
– Students would see the relevancy of writing & connection to real-life experiences.
– Provides an opportunity to connect with students’ backgrounds, culture, and interest.
This week join us at #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 10am AEDT
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, October 20, 2016 7PM EDT
1) How can we create a safe learning environment for all students to start writing digitally?
2) What are some classroom strategies to use that gives students choice & voice when it comes to digital writing?
3) What are the different ways you use to inspire young writers to write and publish their work?
4) Please share a project you shared with your students that pushed them to think outside the box when it comes to writing.
5) What are some pedagogical strategies that can help struggling writers to improve their writing?
6) Please share some great resources with us that can benefit students’ writing