I am excited to be leading another week of #whatisschool with you and this week we are lucky to be joined by Andy Vasily and Neila Steele who are leaders in the field of Mindfulness and Positive Education. They have been working on a 4 X Mindfulness series under the umbrella of #RunYourLife Podcast. They are so committed to this chat that they are up in the Middle of the night to host with us, now that they live in Saudi Arabia.
How can we maximize the value of positive language and positive learning and how does mindfulness fit into the curriculum? Let’s connect this week during #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another.
Image Source: http://www.immeasurableminds.co.uk/info/mindfulness-for-education/
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, September 8, 2016 7PM EDT
1) #Mindfulness means many different things to many different people. What does mindfulness mean to you?
2) What are your hesitations, doubts, uncertainties, and/or tensions about implementing #Mindfulness in your personal and professional life?
3) What is your current level of comfort when it comes to implementing #mindfulness in the classroom?
4) Share a personal #mindfulness experience or victory in your life that has opened your eyes to its positive impact?
5) What are the biggest misconceptions that you hear about #Mindfulness?
6) Share your go-to resources when it comes to learning more about the positive effects of #Mindfulness.