#whatisschool has 100+ educators every week coming together to passionately share and learn from each other – hands down the best network of educators online! Thank you for always engaging, being positive and sharing your passions!
This week I am excited to be back with the leaders in Arts Education Laura and Matt Grundler. This week Laura, Matt and I will be leading you to discuss how we can maximize the value of The Arts in education and how to integrate across curriculums.
How can we maximize the value of art and music in education and how can it be blended with more traditional subjects? Let’s connect this week during #whatisschool and continue to inspire one another
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 12am (Midnight) BST/IST
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, September 1, 2016 7PM EDT
1a) Share your personal experience and exposure to Arts education.
1b) Was it a positive or negative experience & how does it influence your teaching practices?
2) What access to arts education professional development do you have and how does it improve instruction for your students?
3) What kinds of arts integration activities do you use in your core curriculum? And does it bolster student engagement?
4) How do you foster a creative mindset within your students?
5) How do you advocate for arts integration throughout the curriculum at a campus or district level?
6) There has been a recent movement from STEM to STEAM. how do you utilize the arts in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math?