It is such a pleasure to be back in Singapore and ready to get back in the swing of things after an amazing 4-week vacation in France and Spain, followed by a week of working with amazing staff and students in school sin Sydney, Australia. I am back into the swing of things at my school, ready to start my new role, with staff back next week and students the week after.
This week is my last week AWOL as I try to tie up some loose ends. Luckily I have an amazing PLN and support network! None better than Mark Weston and Debby Call – the ultimate positive members of my PLN who are willing to help out anytime. This week, being another one of those times!
To often in the teaching profession we try to do things by ourselves without reaching out to our PLN and the people around us. This week we look at working with others, supporting staff and students who struggle working together for a number of reasons. One thing I always tell my students is that we are all same on the inside, this week we discuss ethnicity, beliefs, cultures and backgrounds and come up with ways to solve issues / problems.
Let’s connect this week during #whatisschool and discuss how we can work together to make education better.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, July 28, 2016 7PM EDT
- What issues / problems do your students face when they interact with their peers?
- How do you help your students solve these issues / problems?
- How do you help your students work well with people of different beliefs, cultures and backgrounds?
- How do you help your students understand their learning style & work well with others with different styles?
- What resources do you use to help your students work well with others? How are they useful?
- What is the most important skill students need to be able to work well with others? Why?