#whatisschool continues to shine and lead the way in education chats! This week I am excited to be joined by the amazing Mark Weston and we will be discussing summer professional learning and how to stay inspired!
This week #whatisschool focuses on how to stay inspired over the break and what professional learning / professional reading opportunities are around. During the highly regimented school year, you barely have enough time for going to the bathroom. There is precious little time for professional learning and self-improvement. During the summer, you have time to do what you couldn’t do during the school year. This summer, after you unwind from the past year, what’s on your list to read, see, write, and do? How will doing so help you learn, grow and improve professionally? Why must you take time to do so? Join the #whatisschool team as we take up these important issues.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, June 9, 2016 7PM EDT
1) Summer break goes, opportunities for professional learning missed, how do you intend to prevent that from happening?
2) What are your specific growth goals? (e.g. subject area content, technology, social media, fitness/health etc.).
3) What will you bring to the next school year that you didn’t bring this past year? How do you prepare?
4) Who are your teachers and mentors? What do you want to learn from them? When? Where? How?
5) Professional reading and betterment is important – where do you find suitable reads / what is on your wishlist?
6) If you’re making self-improvement changes, how will you sustain them during the next school year?