I am continuously inspired by the #whatisschool community and constantly thankful for your support and power in the ed chat world! This Thursday, come along to #whatisschool as I am joined by the amazing Kevin Honeycutt, who last month I was honored to be able to spend some time with! This week Kevin and I will be discussing how to leverage the power of social media for the betterment of Education. Will close to 50K followers, Kevin is the perfect role model!
Kids are growing up on digital playgrounds, largely with nobody on recess duty. What is our role in guiding them toward successful futures? Join us for a conversation about guiding kids and providing healthy and smart ways of leveraging of social media for education.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, May 19, 2016 7PM EDT
1) Is social media a subject we should address in school? Why/Why not?
2) Can a teacher who does not partake in professional use of social media be a good guide for our kids in its use?
3) If your digital footprint is the new resume, what can we do to help kids grow one that aids in the realization of their future goals?
4) What could business and marketing classes do to help kids prepare for a world that “Googles”?
5) Many teachers are using social media for personalized PD. Could/should we be teaching kids how to leverage it for their learning?
6) How has your life been impacted by your use of social media?