Last week say one of the biggest chat’s in #whatisschool history occur with over 200 contributors over the hour from over 12 countries. The archive is incredible! in This week I take a break from #whatisschool as I have a speaking engagement in Singapore. I am so honored to have 2 of the most exceptional human beings in Education join you to lead this week’s chat! Please join Mark Weston and Debby Call as they lead an informational chat that will assist in implementing formative assessment easily and effectively.
The beauty of formative assessment is that there is no shortage of strategies and techniques available to educators to utilize during classroom instruction. This week #whatisschool focuses on Formative Assessment: What does it look like, how are students involved in the process, how it can inspire collaboration and reflection, and tools to utilize to move student learning forward. We hope you will plan on joining, as this chat will prove to bring exceptional professional conversation.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, May 26, 2016 7PM EDT
1) What is formative assessment, and what is the purpose of its use?
2) How do you utilize formative assessment in your instruction/classroom?
3) How are students involved in the formative assessment process?
4) In what ways can formative assessment inspire collaboration around students and instructional practices?
5) How does formative assessment impact your own reflection process?
6) What are some formative assessment tools you are currently using? Please share any apps, sites or tools.