#whatisschool continues to be a leading ed-chat thanks to you and your amazing support! I am excited to be back this week after a week away leading learning in New Zealand with a bunch of amazingly inspirational educators. This Thursday, come along to #whatisschool as I am joined by Tobie Taylor Jones to discuss Building Rapport and Relationships.
James Comer (1995) puts it well: “No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship.” Rita Pierson (2013) says during her amazing Ted Talk that, “Kids don’t learn from people they don’t like.” Join us! 5 May 2016 as #whatisschool discusses the importance of building rapport and maintaining relationships with students and their families.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Questions #whatisschool, May 5, 2016 7PM EDT
1) What do you do to build a rapport with students at the beginning of the year?
2) What do you do to build rapport with your students’ families at the beginning of the year?
3) What do you do to strengthen your relationships of mutual respect with your students during any “mid-year lulls?”
4) What do you do to repair a relationship if the dreaded setback takes place?
5) How can your leadership team help you cultivate the kind of rapport that maximizes learning for all?
6) What do you do to keep your rapport with students/parents strong to the end of the school year?