#whatisschool continues to be a leading ed-chat thanks to you and your amazing support! This Thursday, come along to #whatisschool as I am joined by Michael Cohen to discuss Animation in Education – something that is easier than it seems and an amazing way to connect and engage with your learners.
Multimedia Learning Theory suggests that connecting images and film to an idea, story, or message increases the chance that the information will be internalized in one’s long term memory. When we look around us we see that animation is a driving force in the industries of film, advertising, and marketing. Why then do schools, hesitate to embrace the visual power of animation? Today at #whatisschool we investigate this and strive to embrace a change for the betterment of our students across the globe!
PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE FOR OUR NORTH AMERICAN FOLLOWERS
TO 7PM EDT, 4PM PDT & 6PM CDT.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT – ***NOTE NEW TIME***
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, March 17, 2016 7PM EDT
1) What types of animation tools do you use in your classroom?
2) How do you balance the use of animation in student learning, ensuring that content is learned and objectives met?
3) There are many methods of animation? What is your favorite style and why?
4) What are some resources you can share to help your PLN harness the power of animation?
5) Can you share examples of how animation has transformed how your students learn?
6) Time to commit – What will you do (that you learnt today) in the next week (or 2) in your classroom related to Animation?