#whatisschool has been rocking it over the last few weeks thanks to you and your amazing support! This Thursday, come along to #whatisschool as I am joined by Nathan Stevens to discuss 3D printing – something exciting that is coming into our everyday classroom learning environments more and more every day.
3D printing has become very popular as printer prices decrease. Most educators think 3D printing belong only in STEAM. Join us to discuss how to expand the uses of 3D printing in our classrooms.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm EST
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, March 10, 2016 6PM EST
1) When you hear the term ‘3D printing’, what comes to mind?
2) Why is 3D printing thought of as a ‘STEAM’ specific tool?
3) Pick a content area and tell us how 3D printing could enhance it?
4) What 3D printers are best for Education & what 3D printing tools are best for designing?
5) How do you see 3D printing enhancing learning / activities in your school?
6) How does a strong knowledge of ‘design’ enhance learning in other curriculum areas?