I am excited to be back to #whatisschool this week, after being away at a speaking engagement in Hong Kong with inspiring educators from throughout Asia. Thank you to Mark Weston and Amber Chandler for stepping in and leading the charge on writing last week!
This Thursday, come along to #whatisschool as I am joined by Jilian Stambolich as we explore Creativity, Curiosity, Technology and how to integrate it all in The Arts. Jilian is a teacher and instructional leader in Ontario. Her current thinking lies at the crossroads of “formal education in The Arts” and “professional learning about modern learning/Inquiry”. An avid learner, Jilian believes that the creative process presents a way to construct opportunities for modern learning in classrooms, supported by technology. She is the co-moderator of #inqEdChat on Wednesdays at 8pm EST. Today at #whatisschool she supports Craig in leading a conversation very dear to her heart.
The Arts has long been a subject area pushed off to the side, but now as teachers realize the power of integrating technology, they have found exciting and engaging ways to inspire people to be involved in The Arts.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 3pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm EST
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, February 25, 2016 6PM EST
1) How you have participated in the Arts before (Dance, Drama, Visual Arts, Music)?
2) Why does learning about/through The Arts matter?
3) When can The Arts be integrated in student learning?
4) How could the Creative Process enhance learning in any content area?
5) By nature, Artists are problem solvers and innovators. How could this mindset enhance learning for all students?
6) Share any tech tips or tools that enhance learning throughs The Arts in your school programs.