This week #whatisschool looks at one of the most concerning areas of teaching. BURNOUT!
Educators are like no other, they work so hard for so long and often push themselves to the brink. Teachers are burning out at a rate beyond control and it is time to do something about it! This week at #whatisschool we will do out part to avoid teacher burnout and make the education world a better place.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm EST
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Questions #whatisschool, January 21, 2016 6PM EST
1) What does teacher burnout look like, feel like and sound like?
2) Why do teachers burnout? What is the cause?
3) How do you identify burnout in your staff/colleagues and what do you do about it?
4) What strategies do you or your school have in place to avoid burnout?
5) When you’re headed for a fall, but do not see it, what do you want an administrator to do?
6) What are you going to do to ensure you and your colleagues don’t burn out this year?