*please note our US times have changed! #whatisschool will run at the following times:
6pm EST, 5pm CST, 4pm PST (times do not change for anyone outside of the US)
PEDAGOGY stems from the Greek word: Paidagogas meaning one who accompanies a child to his classes, ensures his good behavior in public, cares for his needs and tutors him with his homework.
This week #whatisschool looks at Pedagogy and its impact on teaching and learning.
Today, the goal in many classrooms, certainly those fueled by the standards movement, has been to improve student achievement regardless of backgrounds or risk factors. The focus is instructional, the programs designed on meeting performance standards, the importance placed on how children will demonstrate what they have learned. While important, there is another ingredient in achieving student success, what teachers do and how they do it.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 5pm Central Time
- Thursday 6pm EST
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, November 5, 2015 6PM EST
1) How does your pedagogy impact the students in your classroom?
2) What pedagogical strategies do you implement in your classroom teaching?
3) How can you use pedagogy to enrich the learning experience?
4) What factors does your pedagogy include that are left out of instructional education?
5) How can a strong pedagogy create a better teaching environment for educators?
6) What tools have helped you successfully (or unsuccessfully) infuse instruction with pedagogy in your classroom?