Being engaged and connected through Social Media is the norm for our students and as educators we must respect and engage them in this forum. This week at#whatisschool we open up the discussion and ask “Can Social Media have a role to play in managing a successful classroom?”
In this week’s #whatisschool chat, we will be seeking your engagement to discuss Social Media in Education. What you have seen that works / doesn’t work and we want your honest opinions on the role Social Media should play in Education.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, September 3, 2015 7PM EDT
1) In educational settings, what social media platforms work best? Why?
2) What social media have you used in a classroom? What were the benefits to students?
3) How can using social media help you manage behaviour in a classroom?
4) What are the downsides to social media use in the classroom? How do you handle this?
5) If you could invent the PERFECT social media platform for classroom use, what features would it have? Why?
6) This year, how will you use Social Media to ensure all of your student’s succeed?