This week I am excited to welcome back the amazing Laura Hill. Laura is the co-founder of #whatisschool and has been away over the past 2 months running writing workshops across her region in USA. It is an honor to have her back! We have missed her!
This week #whatisschool will discuss Professional Learning Networks (PLN’s).
Imagine being able to walk into a room filled with the very best education professionals, selected by YOU, and having a conversation with them! That’s exactly what the perfect PLN would be, but it is not always as easy to grow and maintain as you think. Changing needs, limited time, scheduling conflicts, availability and input are factors that can grow or hurt your PLN, so how do you manage all these factors and still get the input you need? Tonight #whatisschool looks at ways you can grow your PLN to make your contributions and your takeaways really count.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 12pm NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, October 1, 2015 7PM EDT
1) What would your dream PLN consist of, who would be included, educators, students, parents, experts, others?
2) What skills or attributes would you seek in your perfect PLN partners? What tone would you set for the group, why?
3) How can you build this PLN using digital platforms and traditional face-to-face partnerships?
4) How can you and your PLN inspire each other to push the limits of your skills and bring value to your students?
5) How can your PLN provide emotional support and coaching through personal, classroom and wider challenges?
6) How is your PLN valuable to you as an educator? Send an inspirational message to them now.