This week Craig and Laura are both absent from #whatisschool. Craig has been working with this week’s guest moderators to prepare the questions and theme below to ensure the chat is as amazing as always!
This week #whatisschool welcomes two amazing educators as moderators. Mark Weston and Tobie Taylor Jones. We all know Mark who is our go-to guest moderator – he is positive, warm, friendly and engaging and runs an amazing chat. Tobie is new to moderating and has always been a shining light in my PLN. I wanted to share her magic with the world so please make her feel very welcome this week.
This week #whatisschool takes a look at how to turn around the most challenging classrooms. When we get into the heart of teaching, behaviour management plays a role as to how effectively our teaching and learning programs are. In this weeks chat we explore strategies, ideas and tips to go above and beyond behaviour management and discuss how to turn around your challenging classroom.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, August 6, 2015 7PM EDT
1) In the classroom setting, what does ‘challenging’ mean to you?
2) In your classroom, what has been a large, persistent challenge to learning that you would like to eliminate?
3) Where does the challenge to learning originate? Where does it draw its energy from?
4) What do you do that keeps the challenges to learning alive and energized?
5) You don’t have to stand alone, who can help you eliminate the challenge?
6) What is your first step …… What strategies will work?