This week Craig is back and this time he has a special guest co-host for #whatisschool. We are excited to be teaming up with the amazing crew at Remind to support their “Teach Small” campaign through this week’s chat.
This week #whatisschool takes a look at the small things that teachers do that are actually not small at all! All the high fives, nudges, smiles and messages that build up to something bigger that stays with our student’s long after they leave the classroom.
This week we want to hear your stories, celebrate your successes and talk about how you #teachsmall … #whatisschool is proud to be working alongside Remind to celebrate everything educators do that go unnoticed!
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this week’s chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, August 13, 2015 7PM EDT
1) Thinking back to when you were a student, what was a #teachsmall moment that has stuck with you?
2) What does #teachsmall mean to you? Why is it important?
3) What are some ways or examples of teaching small? What can we do this year?
4) How can we ensure meaningful teach small moments happen in this digital age?
5) How can we be inclusive and teach small? If we have a lot of students/parents how do we scale the small interactions?
6) What does it mean for students, parents, or school leaders to #teachsmall with us as teachers? What can we learn from them?