When we started #whatisschool a little over a year ago we wanted to create a space where educators, students and parents could re-imagine the future of school. What would the ideal school look like? Would it be a studio, a collection of comfortable eclectic rooms or a space in the cloud? How would students learn and build skills for a communications economy? How would parents be included to accelerate the process?
This week as educators prepare to return to the classroom after summer and winter break, #whatisschool takes a look at the first day back and ways you can make those first moments with a new class ones that will set the tone for a fantastic year in your re-imagined school.
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions #whatisschool, July 30, 2015 7PM EDT
1) How do you get re-motivated to start the school year? What excites you about being back?
2) What message/activity do you love to share with students on the first day? How can you improve it?
3) If you could do, say or change one thing that would create immediate rapport with your students, what would it be?
4) How do you gain immediate rapport with parents, what can you gain by welcoming them in the classroom?
5) What can you change to improve learning opportunities, can modern pedagogy and technology help?
6) What are you going to do different to make this the most amazing year ever?