I am so pleased to be back. I have been lucky enough to have a break over the last two weeks and have been travelling around Sri Lanka with my family.
Back now and I can’t wait to get stuck back into #whatisschool – reading the archives has just not done it for me.
This week we are looking at Student Centred Learning and whether it increases student engagement and learning. It is guaranteed to be a trending success!
“I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” -Albert Einstein
Our chat times for around the world are:
- Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
- Thursday 6pm Central Time
- Thursday 7pm EDT
- Thursday 11pm GMT
- Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
- Friday 9am AEST
- Friday 11am NZT
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
How do you create and promote student centred learning environments?
Questions #whatisschool, April 16, 2015 7PM EDT
1) What types of student centred learning have you employed in your class, what were the results?
2) Does student centred learning increase engagement and retention or cause chaos?
3) What programs or technologies have you employed to facilitate student centred learning opportunities?
4) How can educators switch to student centred models and reach scholastic learning goals?
5) How much responsibility should students have to drive their own education and at what age?
6) How can student centred learning provide diversity and equal education for all students?