What is empathy and how do you promote it in your Learning Environment?
What is Empathy and how do we promote it in our schools? How do students learn to be empathetically and can it be taught? What are we doing to ensure it is a value that all of our students hold strong to?
This week at #whatisschool we explore empathy and ask the questions that need to be asked! Make sure you join us on Thursday 19 February at 6pm EST (Friday 9am AEST, Friday 12pm NZT, Friday 7am Singapore).
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Thursday February 19, 6PM EST
1) What is empathy?
2) What does empathy look like in your school?
3) Why is empathy important to teaching and learning?
4) How do you establish a school-wide culture of empathy?
5) What have you done to teach empathy? Give examples
6) Say Thank You! Tag your favourite Edu contacts, tell them you are thankful and say why.