#whatisschool is amazing and is truly inspirational. An idea sparked from a conversation and the chat was born last June. Laura and I started this chat to inspire other educators to connect, engage and share their passionate stories about what school is – a story of being an educator!
This week we are still missing Laura, who will be back in action soon but we have the ever amazing Mark Weston helping me steer the ship as we discuss nurturing creativity on Thursday 29 January at 6pm EST (Friday 9am AEST, Friday 12pm NZT, 7am Singapore).
How schools kill creativity – Sir Ken Robinson inspires us to make a change!
Join the conversation on #whatisschool this Thursday January 29 at 6PM EST (Friday 9am AEST, 12pm NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss nurturing creativity in your educational setting.
Most of you would have seen this amazing TED talk from Sir Ken Robinson in 2006. If you have not it is a must watch! It is the basis for many of the things that inspire me today and will help us guide our discussion on Thursday.
Make sure you put this weeks chat in your diary and if you are not already signed up to our ‘Remind’ notifications – click here. We will send you a FREE email or a FREE SMS just before our chat begins
Questions For #Whatisschool
Thursday January 29, 6PM EST
1) Sir Ken Robinson says “Schools Kill Creativity”, from your experience, how can you support this statement?
2) What does creativity look like in your environment?
3) How do you provide opportunities for students to be creative across all disciplines?
4) Thinking ahead, what will you do to nurture creativity in your educational setting?
5) What qualities do students need, to be ‘successful’ in the 21st century environment we live?
6) Share a link, a reading, a video or an activity that demonstrates creativity in action.