Is Evaluation a valuable tool?
Join the conversation on #whatisschool this Thursday November 6 at 7PM EST (Friday 10am AEST, 12pm NZT, 7am Singapore) as we discuss evaluation in its many forms within our organisations.
In a world that is constantly changing, we find ourselves in a battle to keep up. Evaluating practices to ensure we are at the top of our game. We all need people to give us feedback, that’s how we improve ….
This week #whatisschool delves into evaluation. Are we using evaluation to improve our teaching? What implications does evaluation have on the teaching profession? What does your ‘ideal’ evaluation look like?
Until recently, many teachers only got one word of feedback a year: “satisfactory.” And with no feedback, no coaching, there’s just no way to improve. Bill Gates suggests that even great teachers can get better with smart feedback.
How do we know how to get better? How do we develop our skills? Join us for #whatisschool this week as we delve deep into the heart of evaluation.
Questions For #Whatisschool
Thursday November 6, 7PM EST
1) What does evaluation mean to you?
2) What does evaluation look like in your organisation?
3) As an educator, how do you use ‘smart feedback’ to ensure you are the best teacher you can be?
4) How do you make evaluation an integral part of your programme?
5) How do you use technology to evaluate your teaching and your students learning?
6) What does your dream evaluation system look like? What needs to change?