Firstly, this is not a paid endorsement, or is it a product sales pitch. It is however a short review of a product that I think will be very useful to all educators across the globe.
Learning Management systems are designed to make our life as a teacher easier. Unfortunately, there is a problem with many of the learning management systems currently being utilised in schools all over the world. They’re clunky, hard to use and take hours to figure out. More importantly they are cut off from the rest of the world, these systems leave students with no ability to connect, nationally or on a global scale.
Over the past few weeks I have been trialling MEPO, a new platform who are working to solve these issues, by providing a safe and easy to use environment for students to collaborate.
Some ways that I think I could use MEPO within my classroom:
- Create discussions about certain topics and have my students create posts with text and/or images
- Ask my students questions and have them answer in the comments
- Have them research a certain topic and create a post about their research
- Create an engaged, collaborative space for my students and their global community
Some benefits of using MEPO with your classroom:
- Provide students with an environment to be creative and express their ideas and opinions
- Provide an environment for greater student engagement
- Enable students to engage even when they’re not in class
- Have a safe environment which you can easily monitor and moderate
After discussions with the team at MEPO I decided to write this short article. They are looking to expand their trial base. So if you’re an intuitive technology driven early adopter and would like to trial MEPO in your classroom, or if you’d like some more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org