Voki is one of my favourite educational resources that I wanted to highlight and share in more detail with other educators.
Voki is a free service that lets you create a talking avatar to help students share their learning. The other excellent feature is that it can then be embedded onto a blog or Wikispace like this:
- Getting students to share their learning
- Getting feedback from students
- Getting students to add a more human feel to their blog or wiki
- Foreign language speakers to express views and opinions easier
- Engaging and hooking students into a subject or topic
- Interacting with students on a global level (e.g. quad blogging)
- Practising and listening to their presentations (e.g. pronunciation)
- Much, much more …..